Monday, November 11, 2013

The Weekend

The weekend has come and gone; thought I'd share a couple of fun things to do around here (Massachusetts) in case you are ever in the area. On Saturday, we went to a cool used bookstore that my husband had visited about twenty years ago.  The store's motto: "Books you don't need in a place you can't find". Anyway, I came home with a few good books including one that looks promising titled  Adventures in Yarn Farming by *Barbara Parry.  Ms. Parry's farm is in Shelburne, a super pretty part of the state. There are a few knitting patterns in the book and I found a sweater pattern that I might actually attempt (I hate following knitting patterns; it tries my patience to count rows, stitches, anything).   Here is a link to the bookstore in Montague:  http://www.montaguebookmill.com/


On Sunday, we went to Moore State Park in Paxton for a walk. What a pretty place! There are trails everywhere, a lovely pond and the ruins of a village from the 18th century. I haven't ever seen so many rhododendrons and I bet they are a sight to behold in the spring. My husband took a few pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment