Sunday, November 10, 2013

Corriedale for Carding

The Big E Fiber Festival was a couple of weeks ago.  When I go to a fiber show,  I like to get there when it opens and head straight for the fleece sale. On this trip, my goal was to get some nice mohair. Well, I didn't find any mohair that I just had to have but I did find some Corriedale. 

According to The Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook* ,  "Corriedale wool has a well deserved good reputation" (pg 250). The fleece that I bought has a shorter staple and amazing crimp.  I am obsessed at the moment with hand carding rolags and woolen long draw spinning so the fleece looked perfect.






*Robson, D & Ekarius, C. (2011). The Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook: North Adams, MA. Storey Publishing.

I highly recommend this book; it is pretty enough for a coffee table, has superb pictures and is full of excellent information about all kinds of fibers.

No comments:

Post a Comment