Saturday, May 16, 2015

Hope Springs Eternal

I've been knitting since I was a little kid. My Grandma taught me and my Mom reinforced the lessons. I didn't knit a thing for years and years (decades, actually) until about 6 years ago. I have been, as a friend calls me, "the oblong knitter" because if there aren't 4 corners and four straight edges, I wouldn't knit it. Well, I have, over the last years, done a little lace, a little color work, 1/2 a sock, 1/4 of a sweater and a number of hats along with countless oblong projects.

I found a pattern that I really like (Indigo Cone Sweater ) and so, I bought some pretty blue cotton and had the same problem that I always have. I can't get an accurate number of stitches cast on.....not ever....So, after fouling up the first few rows about eight times, my friend (the oblong knitting one) suggested I try a 2x2 rib instead of the rib in the patten. I wound up with about a million too many stitches (again) but at least I was able to do evenly spaced decreases to wind up with the right number of stitches. Now, I'm finally on the lace (a/k/a the fun) part.


No comments:

Post a Comment