Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Drum Carding Station

My first drum carder was an Ashford Wild Carder. To use it, I sat on the floor and balanced the carder on the edge of a coffee table; hardly ideal. I sold the Ashford and bought a Fancy Kitty Kitten. I have had the Fancy Kitty drum carder on an antique dry sink. It's been nice because it is taller than all the other tables in the house but the old sink is getting loose and I hate to ruin it. To further complicate things, I found a used Pat Green carder for sale and you know how that ended..................






After a lot of searching, I found a solution that I really like. It is a rolling kitchen cart. I got it on Amazon and it is pretty nearly perfect. It holds both carders and has shelves for other stuff (carded batts and etc.). The slide out cutting board serves as a great place to leave the fibers that I'm about to card and the knife rack holds the doffer and a few other tools. As an added bonus, the Pat Green carder is now at a height that makes turning it as easy as can be; I was going to add a motor to it but now there's no need.



Oh, and that basket on the wall came from Peterborough Baskets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment