Thursday, April 10, 2014

Lavender

I have a wonderful friend named Dee who makes the prettiest lavender sachets on the planet. She sent me some for my last birthday and they are just too pretty to put in a drawer. She embellishes them with buttons and lace and wonderful designs and given all the wool in this house, I'd like to have about 100 of them. 




Since I can't have hundreds of Dee's sachets, I came up with a way to get some lavender around all my fiber. The scent of lavender is so wonderful and the fact that moths don't like it; well, all the better.  I bought some lavender oil and saved a few pill bottles. Then, I put several cotton balls into the bottle, added several drops of the lavender oil to the cotton and put the bottle in with woolly stuff. I know that the lavender won't completely protect my stash from moths but the wool sure will smell good. And even better, the sachets that Dee made for me can be hanging out in the open where I can enjoy looking at them.


(don't forget to protect all of your animal fibers; moths like alpaca and......)

No comments:

Post a Comment