Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Alpaca!



I sure had a great day yesterday because I got to go out to Kate's house for a visit. Kate owns Great Rock Alpaca and I'm proud to call her friend. She is a great lady and her alpaca are lucky creatures indeed. She and her husband own about 70 of them and they are just the cutest things. They make the funniest noises and I always get a giggle when one is bold enough to nibble my hair. All will be sheared next month so I'm glad I got to visit before they all get a haircut. You can't help but feel better about the world after spending time with an alpaca.  I took a few pics of the alpaca and Kate.




I met Kate last year.when I needed some alpaca fiber in a specific brown. I found her website and gave her a call.  Well, she invited me out and I found amazing fiber. We had a blast and I made a friend. There are a lessons here.......they are: 



1. Don't be shy about calling a shepherd; you might find excellent fiber and maybe even make a friend. 
2. If you need some excellent alpaca fiber (or even an alpaca), get in touch with Kate.
3. Try spinning alpaca if you haven't. Look for fiber with good crimp and I bet you'll find it easy to spin and I bet you'll be hooked.




No comments:

Post a Comment