Saturday, May 24, 2014

Shearing Day

I have a wonderful friend that owns an alpaca farm; I've written about Kate and Great Rock Alpacas before. Well, this Thursday past was shearing day. What a day and what hard work!!!! There were 74 alpaca to be sheared. Now, I've seen sheep getting sheared and they just seem to relax and get a faraway look in their eyes. Not so with alpaca! Most of them put up a pretty good fight and man, do they make a racket when they are upset.

It was a busy day and I met some very nice folks. The affair started early; I got to the farm at 8:30 and they had already been working for an hour. Once a good crowd arrived to help, I got to start skirting the alpaca fleeces with some old and some new friends. Kate's alpacas have some super nice fleece and the shearer did a great job. So, I spent the afternoon with friends and fleece.....a good thing.








No comments:

Post a Comment