Sunday, December 29, 2013

Flyer Hooks and Art Yarn

I like to spin funky, textured yarns with fun add ins. When I first started spinning these yarns, I was spinning on Mr. Kiwi.  Mr Kiwi did not like spinning those yarns.  The problem was those little bitty hooks; everything got caught on them and it made for some seriously slow spinning. Ultimately, and when I could afford one, I bought a jumbo flyer with a sliding hook but here is how I solved at least some of the problem in the meantime:
                                               




 Instead of using each hook, just use one at a time.  Move the yarn  onto the next hook as the bobbin fills.









Using each hook just gives the yarn more chances to snag.







Of course, the yarn still gets caught but with less frequency. The yarn pictured here was spun on the Road Bug.
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment