Friday, March 21, 2014

Why I like Thursdays

One of their cute cats
Thursday is my day to go to Lisa's. Lisa is a wonderful friend, great hand spinner and she knits, crochets and can make a tomato grow when no one else I know can. She has a collection of spinning wheels to be envied including two Timbertops. Her boyfriend is one of the nicest men on the planet and I wish everyone could see their home. It is out in the country, down a dirt drive and in a clearing; it is a post and beam cottage and it is every bit as charming as they are.

Anyway, on the Thursdays that I go out there, there's always something to look forward to. Most days, I get to sit in Lisa's Mother's old rocking chair,  spin yarn by the wood stove and chat with the visitors that they get during the day. Sometimes there are one or two ladies learning to knit or to spin and other days we just chat about fiber and life. If Lisa is teaching, I try to listen quietly. The lady can really knit, like complicated color work knitting. Same with spinning; she knows so much.

Sometimes, something unexpected happens. A few weeks ago, we went snow shoeing.....for about 200 yards which was about all that I could manage. Last spring, a bear and her cub took up residence in their yard. I wasn't there for the bear but I  have seen pictures. There has been a "walk" or two as well. Lisa calls them walks, I'd say they are hikes. Anyway, it is always fun to go to Lisa's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment