Wednesday, November 6, 2013

DIY Lazy Kate



DIY Lazy Kate:

I have three spinning wheels (more about them later) and each wheel has multiple bobbins. The only lazy kate that I own only has room for two out of many (at least 12) bobbins so I've been stewing about a solution.  Not only is storage a problem but it sure would be nice to have a lazy kate that could hold more that two bobbins. I've seen folks use a shoebox and a knitting needle but I needed something a little more elegant.

So, a trip to the craft store, two pair of size 7 knitting needles and a basket later and voila:





The bobbins spin easily and the set up is heavy enough that it should work well enough for a lazy kate.   It definitely is a great storage solution for spinning wheel bobbins and all for only about six dollars!


No comments:

Post a Comment